Nuclear Astro Meeting
Low Energy Meeting
Nuclear Astrophysics Town Meeting
The Nuclear Astrophysics Town Meeting is held jointly with the Low Energy Nuclear Science Town Meeting and we aim at maximizing exchange and mutual participation.
1) A joint summary of the findings outlining the strength, synergies, and needs of both fields.
2) A nuclear astrophysics white paper that reflects the vision, future goals and objectives, needs, and priorities of this subfield.
Both documents serve as input into the Nuclear Science Long Range Planning process. The nuclear astrophysics white paper should also be useful for other parts of the nuclear astrophysics community.
We will use the white paper draft from the 2012 Town Meeting in Detroit, which was completed recently, as a starting point. We will collect input on updates, changes, additions, subtractions and discuss them at the Town Meeting, together with the low energy nuclear science community. Working group organizers will then provide edits.
How to participate:
1) Register and sign up for the working groups you wish to participate in at www.lecmeeting.org
2) Read the white paper draft at https://extwiki.nscl.msu.edu/astrotown2012/doku.php and provide input to respective working group organizers or to the nuclear astrophysics town meeting conveners prior to August 1
3) Contact your working group organizers with presentations you wish to make at the Town Meeting regarding updates or changes of the current white paper draft.
4) Come to the Town Meeting and participate in discussions